Address: 4425 S 3rd Laramie WY 82070
Hours: Sun-Thr 4:00 to 9:00, Fri-Sat 4:00 to 10:00Email
Cavalryman Steakhouse is a Wyoming landmark located on the grounds of historic Fort Sanders. The Fort was established in 1886 to protect the Overland and Lodgepole Creek emigrant routes, the Denver-Salt Lake City stagecoach route and eventually the construction crews for the Union Pacific Railroad. The Cavalryman building was built in 1925 to serve as the clubhouse for the Laramie Country Club. In 1970, Robert & Betty Gerard founded the Cavalryman Supper Club in its present location.
We proudly feature local and sustainable food including beef and bison from neighboring producers in the Laramie Valley. We also source food from regional producers in Wyoming and surrounding states. We serve only premium choice beef, hand-cut daily in-house. We regularly source high quality vegetables, meats, grains and dairy products from caring and responsible farms, and we are proud to feature sustainably caught fresh fish flown in weekly from family boats in Hawaii and elsewhere.
The Cavalryman Supper Club is located on the parade grounds of historic Fort Sanders, established in July of 1866. In its heyday, the Fort Sanders Military Reservation protected the Overland and Lodgepole Creek emigrant routes, the Denver-Salt Lake City stage route, and the construction crews for the Union Pacific Railroad. Ruins of the fort’s powder keg are visible just southwest of the restaurant’s main building.
The Cavalryman building was built in 1925 to serve as the clubhouse for the local country club. Just to the east, remnants of the nine-hole golf course can still be found.